Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: I'm so upset about my new AGT23 doll

  1. #1
    Mareyjones5
    Guest Mareyjones5's Avatar

    Red face

    I hope all you American Girl experts can help me with something.

    I ordered AGT23 a couple weeks ago. When she got home last week, I noticed right away she had a very thin, white "Hair" rubber band around her neck, not the thick brown one. Well, I guess that explains why she had a big gap in between her neck and body. The thin hair rubber band was so tight it probably caused the gap. I could even see some white stuffing peeking out of her neck, not to mention she had a small piece of thread (about 1 inch) sticking out of her hair. So Mom called AG about this and they sent out another AGT23.

    The second AGT23 arrived 25 minutes ago, with the same problem, (excluding the thread sticking out of her hair wig) plus a pen dot next to her *dirty* ear. This is upsetting me because none of my dolls arrived with a big gap in their neck, and I don't want to see stuffing come out of her neck 6 months from now. My Mom is tired of calling AG and won't do it anymore. Am I overreacting about this whole thing, or is this a real problem?

    ETA: Will add pictures of AGT23's neck if I get the chance.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ October 03, 2005 07:59 PM: Message edited by: Kate_Madison ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member wrxgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    876
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Mine arrived with one of the white bands around her neck and I guess I never really noticed if she has a gap between her neck or not.... lol
    I better go look!
    What a bummer though, they should use something thats not so tight... for around their necks... not like they are going to fall out of the box or anything!

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner aggirl479's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2005
    Posts
    1,030
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You are definetly not overreacting about this! As someone said in another post, don't let AG get away with less-than-perfect work, or they will continue to produce less-than-perfect dolls and other products. Ask your mom to call AG again, and maybe get a PS to hand-pick a good AGT 23 for you.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Katie148's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    457
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If there is a gap at the neck, you can fix it yourself easily. You just loosen the tie in the back of the doll's neck and wiggle the head around until it is in the spot you want, and then retie the string tightly to close off any gap. You can even remove her whole head, rearrange the stuffing if necessary, and retie it. It sounds scary but it's easy - you won't mess her up. I fixed a neck gap on my Josefina this way, and have rearranged shoulder stuffing on other dolls to make their heads sit straighter.

  5. #5
    AngieGill
    Guest AngieGill's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by Katie148:
    If there is a gap at the neck, you can fix it yourself easily. You just loosen the tie in the back of the doll's neck and wiggle the head around until it is in the spot you want, and then retie the string tightly to close off any gap. You can even remove her whole head, rearrange the stuffing if necessary, and retie it. It sounds scary but it's easy - you won't mess her up. I fixed a neck gap on my Josefina this way, and have rearranged shoulder stuffing on other dolls to make their heads sit straighter.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">that is what I was going to suggest.. it is not something that is broken or irrepairable.. it is a rather small issue.
    angie

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ October 03, 2005 08:19 PM: Message edited by: GillyGals ]</font>

  6. #6
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hermione came with a gap too, must be the way they are putting the head, or the body is too small for the neck??? [img]confused.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Luvmythreekidz's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    13
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey just had to say that the same thing happened to my daughter's Marisol that she got last monthm,there was a gap and stuffing kept coming out so I called and they sent me a new doll last week but get this, I REALLY think that this new one has a different face mold and I don't like her at all compared to Marisol #1 we got ugh!
    My dh thinks I am crazy I am sure I just called him at work to see if he will help me try and fix the first one like the poster suggested if that works I am sending #2 back and keeping the one I originally got lol!

    Leah

  8. #8
    Inactive Member mayergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    789
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    why don't you call and ask if the doll hospital can't just replace her head? The don't strap the head down in the hospital boxes, so you wouldn't have the same problem. Would that work?

  9. #9
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by mayergirl:
    why don't you call and ask if the doll hospital can't just replace her head? The don't strap the head down in the hospital boxes, so you wouldn't have the same problem. Would that work?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The zip ties that hospital uses by default keep the head on MUCH better as well. Addy came back with her head hooked on TIGHT. There's nowhere stuffing could come out even if it wanted to.

  10. #10
    Mareyjones5
    Guest Mareyjones5's Avatar

    Post

    Thank you ladies!!

    I took Katie148's advice, and with Mom's help, untied the neck string and - gently but firm enough - pushed her head back in her body. But... it didn't work and the head just wouldn't go in. It seems as if her head is misshapen, for it was still sticking out and she only looked weirder... so we decided to call AG Customer Service today and talk to them about getting a Personal Shopper so they can check over the dolls to make sure there are no flaws before sending them out. If that doesn't work, my last resort is to send her to the Doll Hospital to get a head replacement.

    I just wish they would test the dolls before shipping them out with the little hair rubber bands around their necks. I know that is causing the problem, and even though it may not look so bad now, just wait until 6 months have passed and you see white stuffing coming out of their necks. I would rather call them 1,000 times a day and ask for them to send out a better AGT #23 then one I'm not happy with. After all, I am spedning $87 on a doll that I worked hard to get, right?

    Thanks for listening to me vent. I feel much better now! [img]redface.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ October 04, 2005 09:27 AM: Message edited by: Kate_Madison ]</font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •